TERMS & CONDITIONS
This agreement (the “Agreement”) is entered into by and between You and MCV Careers. By using the services of MCV Careers, You are entering into this Agreement with us and demonstrating that You agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. MCV Careers is the owner of the website.
1. General. In these Terms of Service, “we”, “us”, “our” or “MCV Careers” means MCV Careers.
2. Description of Service. MCV Careers is a fee based service that offers professional career management services. By entering into the Agreement You are indicating that You understand and agree that the Service is provided subject to availability. We disclaim all responsibility and liability for the availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the Service.
3. Pricing and Availability. Whilst we try and ensure that all details, descriptions and prices which appear on this Website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of any Services or Goods which You have ordered we will inform you of this as soon as possible and give You the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If You cancel the Agreement as a result of a pricing error prior to the commencement of service delivery and You have already paid for the Service, You will receive a complete refund. If we have commenced work, the refund amount will be determined subject to the stage of the Process reached.
4. Use of Documents. The Service and documents created are made available to You solely for your personal use only. By entering into the Agreement You agree not to otherwise copy, reproduce, alter, modify, imitate or publicly display any content unless for your own personal Career Management purposes without obtaining written permission from MCV Careers.
5. Accuracy of Information. By entering into the Agreement You are representing that all information provided is accurate and up to date. We will not be liable for any inaccuracies in the documents produced where such inaccuracies are a result of the information You have provided and you have confirmed your satisfaction with the documents.
6. Our Process. By entering into the Agreement You are agreeing to the following process (the “Process”):
After writing has been completed, your documents will be put through our Quality Assurance process, involving in-depth review to assess the quality and target alignment of the documents before being sent to You for revision.
You then have up to 3 occasions, depending on the service level, over a 1 week period to take the opportunity to make amendments to the wording, formatting and structure of your documents until You are satisfied with the final products. This entitlement is subject to change should you have conflicting application deadlines.
7. Special Client Requirements. If You require changes to the Process, alternate timeframes or a suspension of services or product delivery this can be arranged via negotiation.
8. Process Modifications. We reserve the right to modify the Process based on particular client needs and individual circumstances at our discretion.
9. Refusal of Service. We reserve the right to refuse service if we deem our services unsuitable to client needs or circumstances.
10. Cancellation. Should You decide to terminate the Agreement, You may under special circumstances be eligible to receive a refund less a 10% administration fee. This is subject to notification in writing prior to the end of the quarter in which the booking is made.
If your service order is cancelled or modified once we have commenced work on your documents and if you have not communicated within the quarter, you have until the end of the financial quarter from your purchase date to receive a store credit for up to a maximum of 6 months.
There will be no refunds for change of mind, a store credit for up to 6 months can be provided.
11. Suspension/Termination. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate service agreements at our discretion should communications and/or collaboration break down. Should services be terminated in this circumstance, the refund amount will be determined subject to the stage of the Process reached.
12. Amendments. If a disagreement arises during the amendment period, we will advise You as to our professional opinion on what the best course of action would be. You may use your discretion as to how the documents are amended, however if You choose to disregard our advice, we will not endorse the changes that occur against our recommendations.
13. Additional Amendments. If, following the one week amendment period, You are unhappy with your documents, we reserve the right to evaluate whether we deem additional amendments of your documents appropriate.
14. Payments. Full payment is made by You prior to commencement of service. Service will commence upon receipt of payment transfer receipt.
15. Disclaimer of Liability. While we provide our services in good faith, we cannot guarantee that the services provided to You will procure employment with any particular employer. By entering into the Agreement You accept that the documents we create are subjective, opinions vary and that we cannot guarantee any improvements to your job prospects.
All express or implied guarantees, warranties, representations, or other terms and conditions relating to these Terms of Service or their subject matter, not contained in these Terms of Service, are excluded from these Terms of Service to the maximum extent permitted by law.
If any guarantee, warranty, term or condition is implied or imposed in relation to these Terms of Service under the Australian Consumer Law or any other applicable legislation and cannot be excluded (a “Non-Excludable Provision”), and MCV Careers is able to limit the remedy for a breach of the Non-Excludable Provision, then the liability of MCV Careers for breach of the Non-Excludable Provision is limited to supplying of the services again or remedying the service defect.
Subject to MCV Careers’ obligations under the Non-Excludable Provisions and to the maximum extent permitted by law, MCV Careers is not liable for, and no measure of damages will, under any circumstances, include: special, indirect, consequential, incidental or punitive damages; or damages for loss of profits, revenue, goodwill, anticipated savings or loss or corruption of data, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, under statute, under an indemnity, based on fundamental breach or breach of a fundamental term or on any other basis, whether or not such loss or damage was foreseeable and even if advised of the possibility of the loss or damage.
16. Law and Jurisdiction. These terms and conditions are to be construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia and in the event of any dispute or claim associated with these terms and conditions, that dispute or claim shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Victorian courts. By entering into the Agreement You are submitting to the jurisdiction of Victoria.
17. Prohibitions. You must not misuse this Website. You will not: commit or encourage a criminal offence; transmit or distribute a virus, trojan, worm, logic bomb or post any other material which is malicious, technologically harmful, in breach of confidence or in any way offensive or obscene; hack into any aspect of the Service; corrupt data; cause annoyance to other users; infringe upon the rights of any other person’s proprietary rights; send any unsolicited advertising or promotional material, commonly referred to as “spam”; or attempt to affect the performance or functionality of any computer facilities of or accessed through this Website. MCV Careers will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them.
MCV Careers will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
18. Intellectual Property. The intellectual property rights in all software and content made available to You on or through this Site remain the property of MCV Careers and are protected by intellectual property laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved by. You may only store, print and display the content supplied for your own personal use. You are not permitted to publish, manipulate, distribute or otherwise reproduce, in any format, any of the content or copies of the content supplied to You or which appears on this Site nor may You use any such content in connection with any business or commercial enterprise.
MCV Careers respects each individual’s right to personal privacy.
We guarantee never to spam you or sell your email address to anyone.
We are legally and morally bound to protect your personal information, e.g. name, address, career history etc. and to handle it according to strict guidelines. This is an obligation that we take very seriously, in particular, we are totally opposed to spam and would never sell your email address to anyone.
This website privacy notice explains our policy for dealing with personal information that we collect through the website.
By accessing or using this website you acknowledge and agree to be bound by this privacy notice.
For example, we may collect information in relation to:
your server address;
the date and time that you have visited the site;
the pages accessed you have accessed and documents you’ve downloaded;
the previous sites you have visited; and
the type of browser you use. We use this information to evaluate which pages of our website are the most popular, so we know what you are most interested in. It helps us to continually add great content about Professional Resume Writing, Cover Letters and LinkedIn profiles so you can advance into a great new job role.
MCV Careers makes no attempt to identify users, correlate data collected as users or identify users browsing activities.
Use and disclosure of information
In addition to providing our professional writing services to you, we may use or disclose personal information that we collect about you:
where you have consented to the use or disclosure (ie passing your details onto an employer or recruiter who you’ve given written consent to contact on your behalf);
to maintain our relationship with you (we keep your details on file indefinitely, so if you ever lose your copy, or want any edits done, you just have to contact us).
for purposes related to our research, planning, service development, security and risk management;
where a third party acquires or wishes to acquire, or makes inquiries in relation to acquiring, an interest in MCV Careers; or
to the extent that we are required or authorised by Australian law to do so.
After seeking your permission, we may distribute your details to carefully selected partners, for example employers and recruitment agencies, who may be able to assist you in gaining future employment. As a result, you may be contacted by email, telephone or post by us, our associates, or other organisations. You may of course opt out of such correspondence immediately and at any time.
Personal Information collected
In order to create highly effective career documents, we definitely need to acquire a significant amount of personal information about you. We do this through email and online forms used in the MCV Careers website.
In order to fulfil the task of writing a new professional resume, cover letter and LinkedIn profile, MCV Careers will need to disclose your personal information to a Professional Resume Writer who will be specifically selected to create your new career documents. Our team of professional writers are bound by confidentiality agreements to keep all information private and secure. We take all necessary steps to ensure our Resume Writers keep your personal information private and confidential at all times.
We use a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. So while we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.